Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Interview call & Fuel price increase

Finally, after quite a long period of sending out resumes and such I finally got a call for interview. Not that I haven't attended any interview before this, but this is the first news that I got from another company for a long time. Well, there was a call earlier in the morning, but that's by a 3rd party headhunting firm, or so I think. It was regarding one of my applications being turned down due to lack of experience, but will refer me for a tech support position, which turned out to be at Dell.

What the heck, anyway still better than no news. But then, got a call in the afternoon by WD for an interview for their Graduate Trainee program. Sounds better than the morning offer at any rate. Usual drill, "Please bring along your certifications, original and photocopies". And with the interview being just after office hours, at least I get to eat straight after the interview.

Still, better than some people that I happen to know who'll go "OMG, it's WD!!! what am i to do". Bloody drama queens.

Though there's something that'll make me go "OMG!!! WTF?!?". Fuel price increase. Petrol price will go up by 78 cents to RM2.70/liter (WTF?!?!?) and will be up to RM4.00/liter in Aug (again, WTF?!?!). This sucks, literally because the car I'm currently driving now is relatively fuel efficient but not that efficient compared to other cars as it seemed a bit underpowered. This is going to cause some hair loss.

Oh well, time to carpool and get cramped in the commuter services... provided the services actually buck up their performance. More excuses to carpool anyway, at least something different than saying "you're driving today, i'm sleep deprived".

1 comment:

ykw8338 said...

hey brother...how r u in recently?