Thursday, May 1, 2008

Countdown to a New Beginning

Here I am, less than 24hrs to go before the end of the last final paper I have to take for my degree, entering a long awaited entry into my blog.
WTF...
Anyway, the funny thing about graduation is, somehow the finals that everyone gets worried about doesn't seem that important as it used to be anymore. Is it because we know that our grades won't be affected much so long as we don't screw up big time? Or that securing a job is more important than the final exam?

Some scums I know are probably still playing games, claiming "no sweat, jobs are easy to find". Your funeral then... Others well, some have made it to the final stages of application for a real prestigious position in international firms (think dream start for career). The scums I mentioned earlier on still haven't worked on their resumes yet. Again, their funeral.

Yes and no, I have made it quite far into landing a somewhat dream start to my career, but will not consider it my priority. Had there been other tastier options, I'd consider it as well. Better not for me to bank in solely on a single option. Either way, I'm prepared to bum around for a while, looking for a career start. A job doesn't mean that it'll be your career. I couldn't care less if you want to stay in that cubicle, slaving away long shifts for the rest of your working life without any significant milestone in your career. To me, a job is not worth holding if it doesn't have a good career prospect for me. So shoot me for being picky.

Then again, I probably wouldn't know how to best tell the story of a brilliant (*ahem), good looking (*ahem), young man from a shabla university which the majority of the local population haven't heard of making it up the ranks of a prestigious firm. IF I manage to land that dream start.

*shabla = close approximation to 'f**ked up', in a fictional language

At least I won't miss this place much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes u are right!
my funeral...
haha